Jump to Navigation

P Visas

"The Right Immigration Attorney Makes All The Difference"

The P-1 visa classification is used to bring certain athletes, entertainers, and artists into the United States along with their essential support personnel. Individual visa applicants in the entertainment industry are not eligible for P-1 visas; however, individual athletes are eligible for P-1 visas. The P-1 visa is issued only for a specific event in the entertainment industry. However, individual athletes may be issued P-1 visas for five years and athletic teams may be issued P-1 visas for a period of six months.

P-2 visas permit the admission into the United States of an artist or entertainer, either an individual or group, that is involved in a reciprocal exchange program between foreign organizations and organizations in the United States which provide for the temporary exchange of artists or entertainers.

P-3 visas permit the admission into the United States of an artist or entertainer, either an individual or group, to perform, teach, or coach in a program that is culturally unique.

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the principal P visa holder to the United States for the duration of the principal P visa holder's stay require derivative P-4 visas. Spouses and/or children who do not intend to reside in the United States with the principal P visa holder, but who wish to visit the United States for vacations, may be eligible to apply for visitor visas, or, if qualified due to their country of citizenship, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.

Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, New York

To speak to an immigration attorney about your immigration goals, including obtaining a work visa in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, or anywhere in the United States, we welcome you to contact an immigration lawyer online or call 412-291-4400 | 215-880-4977 | 347-839-1700 | 404-736-9195. Free consultations are available. We represent clients throughout the United States, including Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, Eastern Ohio, Allegheny County, and worldwide in Korea, Africa, India, and Pakistan.

Video Center
ALERT : DHS memorandum on Deferred Action Practice Areas
Call or send an email for a free consultation. 412-291-4400 - Pittsburgh 215-880-4977 - Philadelphia 347-839-1700 - New York 404-736-9195
Contact Us Complete the form below to speak to one of our immigration law attorneys.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
Contact and Address Information

May Law Group, L.L.C.
One PPG Place
Suite 1600
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Phone: 412-291-4400
Toll-Free 1-877-LAW-USIM
Facsimile: 412-291-4401
Pittsburgh Law Office

May Law Group, LLC
1515 Market Street
Suite 1200 
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Phone: 215-880-4977
Philadelphia Law Office

May Law Group, LLC
830 Third Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Phone: 347-839-1700
New York Law Office

From offices in New York City, and Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we represent clients from throughout the U.S. and around the world, including residents of West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Atlanta, Delaware, eastern Ohio, Allegheny County, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Asia, China, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, Central America, and South America. (NY, PA, NJ, DE, OH, UK, and worldwide)